4iG PUBLISHED ITS FIRST QUARTER REPORT
The company’s sales and profit increased significantly due to the closed transactions
- The transformation of the group had been completed by the end of the first quarter of 2022. As a result, 4iG Plc. became one of the most significant info-communication companies in the region.
- With the transformation of the group, 4iG became the second largest company in the telecommunications segment in Hungary, while it preserves its market leader role in system integration.
- Closed acquisitions have boosted the company’s profit indicators: in the first quarter, its consolidated revenue by IFRS increased to HUF 48.9 billion while its EBITDA rose to HUF 14.5 billion.*
- 68% of the company's net sales and 88% of its EBITDA were already provided by the telecommunication segment.
- 4iG's future growth plans are supported by a partnership agreement made
with Rheinmetall, which also opens up new international market opportunities in
the defence industry for the company group.
With the contribution of 4iG's
telecommunications portfolio to Antenna Hungária, the transformation process
was completed by the end of the first quarter, as a result of which, from an IT
system integrator, 4iG has developed into an international info-communications
group providing a wide range of telecommunications and IT services. As a result of the transformation of the group
and the construction of the recent period, 4iG has become a market-leading IT
system integrator company, as well as the second-largest telecommunications
company group in Hungary. In addition, 4iG has become the leading professional
investor in the Western Balkans and the largest investor in the
telecommunications sector in Albania.
The transformation of 4iG is also clearly reflected in the Group's financial statements that was prepared on standards of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS): Consolidated sales revenue for the first quarter was HUF 48.9 billion, while EBITDA increased to HUF 14.5 billion, and the Group's profit after tax increased to HUF 2.2 billion*. The majority of the group's net sales (68%) and EBITDA (88%) already came from the activities and results of telecommunications companies.
The 4iG Group expanded with significant international investors in the first quarter. Düsseldorf-based Rheinmetall AG (25.12%) has become a strategic partner of 4iG. Bartolomeu Investment Kft. (with Portuguese background) increased its stake to 7.41 percent in 4iG Plc. One of Turkey's significant groups, Çalık Holding (3.16%), also became an owner. Through his investment companies, Gellért Jászai (51.22%) stays the main shareholder of the company.
The acquisition of ownership by international institutional investors and the strategic partnership agreement with Rheinmetall support 4iG's growth strategy significantly and may open up new market opportunities for the Group in addition to the domestic and European defence industries, as well as in the sector of IT and telecommunications services.
The Group aims to consolidate its info-communication companies operating in the B2B and B2C service segments, which combine many industry competencies and create a group of companies with a unified organizational and management structure that is able to operate in the Hungarian and international markets under a single brand, and with an efficiency corresponding to its market weight.
Budapest, 31st May 2022
* During the evaluation of the Q1 2022 financial performance of the Group in the consolidated comprehensive financial statement the Antenna Hungaria Plc. and the Albanian One Telecommunications are not included. The performance of the Albanian 4P provideer, ALBtelecom is included partially (only one month) in the consolidated financial statement.
The Budapest-based 4iG Plc is Hungary’s leading IT systems integrator with significant interests in the domestic and regional telecommunications markets. The company has been present in the market for innovative industry-independent IT technologies for more than 27 years. The company is continuously expanding its services and portfolio to meet the changing needs and demands of the ICT market. The Group employs more than 6,900 people. 4iG is a broad-spectrum solutions provider with significant interests in IT, telecommunications, satellite telecommunications and telecommunications infrastructure development. The company, listed on the Budapest Stock Exchange, aims to build a dominant market position in a wide range of info communication services in Hungary, Central Eastern Europe and the Western Balkans. www.4ig.hu
communications and marketing director
peter.elkan (@) 4ig.hu