ARCHITECTURE, ENGINEERING, CULTURAL HERITAGE, FILM INDUSTRY
Our innovative 3D technologies and services used to connect physical and digital spaces for practical purposes
Development of digital surface and environment models based on our 3D precision surveys, follow-up high precision tests and analysis.
Today, 3D technologies such as spatial design, imaging, display or printing are undergoing revolutionary development. Increasingly advanced tools (e.g. scanners, printers, monitors) and software (digitalization, CAD/CAM/CAE softwares) are gaining new uses in industry, architecture, life sciences, culture or entertainment.
Mensor3D, created for the utilization and use of 3D technologies, was the result of several previous 3D technology R&D projects of the 4iG Group in 2014.
The Mensor3D team integrates related applications, services and developments as a standalone business unit of 4iG Plc. Through our projects and innovative activities, we have become the possessor of unique knowledge in the domestic service market. In our work, we combine different 3D survey technologies, meeting even micron-accurate needs, ensuring solution-oriented service for any customer. Since our existence, we have had many significant references in the fields of architecture, engineering, Building Information Modeling (BIM), mechanical engineering, heritage protection, film industry and reverse engineering; and relying on our expert base, we are able to help our clients in new areas.
We offer 3D precision assessment and related services which enable the creation of digital models, surface and environment models, and performing follow-up high-precision tests and analysis.
Mechanical 3D scanning, 3D digitalization means the high-precision 3-dimensional digitalization of the entire visible surface of 3D scanning parts and products of a few millimeters or even several meters. Scanners map the surface of the geometric shape in the form of a point cloud or polygon mesh without the device touching the object.
The rise of 3D imaging, modeling and printing technologies is clearly visible from product design and manufacturing processes to quality control. In the product design phase, from concept design to technical product development, the 3D technologies we offer and support provide effective assistance.
3D technologies can shorten the development process or make it cheaper, from engineering design, prototyping and testing to production documentation. When used in production processes, technology can play a role not only in individual auxiliary processes, but also – more and more – in the additive production of final products.
4iG Mensor3D services:
- 3D scanning, digitalization,
- 2D technical drawing,
- technology consultancy,
- reverse engineering,
- quality control,
- 3D printing,
- collision test.
Benefits of 3D technology:
- The time and cost of product development is significantly reduced.
- In the early stages of product development, a model suitable for testing can be made and printed.
- The model offers immediate functional and ergonomic testing.
- Any changes can be made more quickly, and their costs are reduced.
- The 3D CAD model of the product can be produced afterwards.
- The quality control of the product can be partially automated.
- Color map display helps the correction of errors faster.
- Support for traditional production methods (e.g. molds, templates).
- Fast production of parts and tools that cannot be replaced by other means.
- Satisfying individual and small-series orders in a fast and economical way.
Hungary has an incredibly rich cultural heritage. It is in the interests of all of us to preserve it, to document it digitally, to present it spectacularly. In the course of the SziMe 3D project and then the work of Mensor3D, we put state-of-the-art 3D technologies into service for the 3D digital preservation of Hungarian monuments and national heritage objects. We also strive to use our results for professional and museum, touristic and educational purposes. We know that researchers, educators, students, tourists and those roaming in cyberspace want to get and see different things from the opportunities offered by technology. State-of-the-art 3D content preserves memories in a better quality than before, contributes to better knowing and understanding them, and helps to manage them (for example, in the operation and maintenance of monuments). And in the event of an unexpected disaster, they can help in the rescue and recovery work. Their present state can be documented in time for future generations, and at the same time our cultural heritage and national monuments can be introduced to the world.
With spatial scanning technology, national values have never been assessed with accuracy below centimetres, with reliability and complexity. Objects surveyed using 4iG Mensor3D methods can generate a digital data set that not only documents the current state reliably and reproducibly but can also be the basis for any further renovation, preservation, virtual and real reconstruction. In case of special details and objects, we also provide survey and modelling options that fit your needs and possibilities.
An important advantage of the technologies used here is that it does not affect the condition of the measured object in any form, it does not damage the surface.
3D digitalization in the film industry
4iG services in film production:
- Previs & virtual on-site tour: with our quick survey method, it is possible to virtually tour the filming locations on a photorealistic and point cloud basis. With the help of 3D data, you can virtually plan the path of the camera, the lighting.
- 3D surface models: whether it's a small coin or an entire stadium, we use a 3D digitalization method that meets the required detail.
- Visual effects (VFX): using a realistic virtual replica of the material of the digitalized object, we create a 3D model that can be inserted into a VFX environment.
Website of our standalone business unit specializing in the application
and use of 3D technologies: https://www.mensor3d.com/hu/